We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping this Sunday?

wirral
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping this Sunday?

Planning to spend a couple of hours in Leeds on Sunday. We would like to do some clothes shopping and have a bite to eat. Please can someone tell me the best area to visit. Is there an out of town shopping mall or outlet? Thanks

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
811 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

Hi

The White Rose Centre is open from 11-5 on the South side of Leeds

Leeds England
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

The White Rose is just off junction 28 m62 so handy if coming from The Wirral - but personally I would head for Leeds City Centre for a far wider choice of shops and restaurants.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

Seeing as you're coming from The Wirral, I won't recommend York Designer Outlet as you already have Chesire Oaks...

White Rose is, IMO, a bit of a dump and I cannot fathom what people see in the place, unless you want to visit the biggest Sainsbury's I know or buy cheap tat made by slave labour from Primark et al.

Far better to head into the city centre - Victoria Quarter for an eclectic mix of shops, including Harvey Nicks, for the ten-bob millionaires or the usual high street chains around it. Combine shopping with eating at The Light - Brown's would be my choice there, but there are a few other half decent eateries nearby. Google both places and all will be revealed.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 09:36
wirral
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

Thanks all, we will actually be coming from Huddersfield on Sunday and travelling back to Wirral late on. The Light and the city centre sound ideal.

wirral
Level Contributor
1,264 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

Thanks all. Loved the Victorian Quarter and ate at Zizzi in The Light.

6. Re: Shopping this Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:43