We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Italian ...?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Good Italian ...?

Looking for a good Italian to go to for my GFs birthday in Fri 30 Nov. We'll be staying in Cookridge so not really planning on going to the city centre , somewhere like headingly, horsforth etc would be ideal ....

Thanks.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,592 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Italian ...?

A couple that I've been to in the past in Headingley you may want to look at; firstly Salvo's on Otley Road just a couple of minutes walk up from the Arnedale Centre. This is very popular and does get busy so you may need to book a table.

Another one a bit further up Otley Road just past the New Inn is Giorgios. My recollection of it was fairly small and intimate inside but the food was good.

Leeds
Level Contributor
669 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Italian ...?

Good ideas above, perhaps Gusto at Cookridge might be worth a visit as it might even be walkable?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186411-d1…

Reviews look OK. Ive never eaten there, but have worked there ( don`t worry I`m not a chef) and the place looked nice and It`s now on my list of places to visit.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Italian ...?

i agree to gusto's as well, although i not been in ages

my other option is giorgios

my reviews on both

tripadvisor.co.uk/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

(looks like i never did a review for gustos)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Italian ...?

Salvos, Salvos, Salvos - no competition.

5. Re: Good Italian ...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations