We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leeds city centre parking

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
leeds city centre parking

can anybody suggest where I can park in the city centre cheaply on a sunday? for approx 4 hours.

Thanks

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leeds city centre parking

Cheaply? How about for free?

Park in Joseph's Well, it's free all weekend. It's a shared office building - just google it - there's a pub there too with a HUGE carpark which is free on a weekend. Drive past the security hut, the barrier will be up and park right at the bottom next to Squire Sanders solicitors building (formerly Hammonds solicitors) and you're no more than a five minute walk to the city centre along the Headrow past the Town Hall.

I can guarantee the carpark will be virtually empty as, for some inexplicable reason, people are prepared to pay a fortune to park right in the centre all for the sake of a bit of shoe leather.

Capital 105 radio station are there so it is never totally deserted.

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: leeds city centre parking

Thank you that is very kind of you and will definitely be parking there!

ENGLAND
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leeds city centre parking

Thank you that is very kind of you and will definitely be parking there!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leeds city centre parking

The on street pay and display parking in the city centre used to be free on a sunday.

Must admit I haven't driven into the city centre since late last year so don't know if it's still the case.If it is you will need to arrive early to grab a spot,or be prepared to drive around and around!.

Am sure someone else will be able to confirm current situation.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leeds city centre parking

Parking bays in the centre are free on Sundays and after 6pm on other days.

Also you can park on the single yellow lines free of charge on Sundays.

Down near the West Yorkshire Playhouse there will be free bays to park in, so no driving around needed.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: leeds city centre parking

The parking lot near the markets is free on Sunday (albeit slightly reduced at present because of the Leeds Eye) - but get there early because it does fill up by about 1030 (earlier on 1st and 3rd Sundays when there is a Farmer's Market on).

Otley, Leeds
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: leeds city centre parking

Hi, does anyone know if there's on street parking in leeds on a thursday for free after 6pm and if so what time would I have to move the car the next day?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: leeds city centre parking

You can park in any parking bay after 6pm, and also on the single yellow lines.

You will have to move your car by 8am (I think) and make sure you do as the traffic wardens in Leeds are very keen.

Otley, Leeds
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: leeds city centre parking

Thank you

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: leeds city centre parking

Just heard that Leeds are going to start charging parking fees later on this year for Sundays and after 6pm on an evening.

More revenue is needed by the council.

I suppose we have had it good for years now with no fees being charged.

I hope they are reduced fees for these time periods, as I personally feel Leeds prices are quite high already.

Get answers to your questions about Leeds