We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

I'm heading over to the Leeds v QPR game on Sat 31 Aug. my flight gets in to Leeds/Bradford Airport at 10.00am and kick off is at 12.15. Would i have enough time to get from the airport to Elland Road by bus? Thanks

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

Personally I would say yes.

This is a link which includes the phone number which will get you a better answer and precise times.

leedsbradfordairport.co.uk/getting-to-the-ai…

I do think the buses are frequent though into Leeds city.

You would then need another one up to Elland Road, or walk it from where you get dropped off.

It would probably be about a £20 cab fare by the way.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

This may be of help as well for you with the timings.

I hope your flight is on time mind you.

"Come on you Leeds"........(sorry)

wymetro.com/BusTravel/…

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

Thank you

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

Cheers for that. Up the Whites :)

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

gunnser, I am going over for the same game. Hubby is a Leeds fan and I am QPR:-)

We are flying in the day before and staying overnight.

Hopefully your flight will be on time. The buses from the City Centre to Elland Road are usually quite plentiful on matchdays and very well organized, so fingers crossed you will get to the game in plenty of time.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

I would suggest a taxi straight to the ground. Approx £25 I would guess. To get a bus or taxi into town then walk or bus/taxi to the ground is time consuming. For the sake of a few£ avoid the worry and stress. Get to the ground have a drink in the pubs and savour the atmosphere. . MOT. Regarding the cost of a taxi. . .agree a fare before you get in. By the way I live in Leeds so know what I am talking about.

Edited: 05 August 2013, 09:56
yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

I would suggest a taxi straight to the ground. Approx £25 I would guess. To get a bus or taxi into town then walk or bus/taxi to the ground is time consuming. For the sake of a few£ avoid the worry and stress. Get to the ground have a drink in the pubs and savour the atmosphere. . MOT. Regarding the cost of a taxi. . .agree a fare before you get in.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

If you do plan on getting a taxi using Arrow Cars who have a base at LBA; you simply tell them where you are going and they give you a quote before you accept.

9. Re: Getting to Elland Road from the Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 07:18