We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
266 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
which gate?

Hi never flown from LBA b4 so would like to know which gate Ryainair fly from to Lanzarote?

Many thanks(:

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
40,042 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which gate?

Gates at airports are allocated dynamically and can be changed even at the last minute so your question cannot be answered. Check at the airport on the day.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which gate?

Hi Rainbow,

I wouldn't worry over what gate to use.Leeds/Bradford airport is relatively compact.The other good news is the summer rush is over so the airport is quieter now.Only a few other flights around your departure time.

There are screens throughout the terminal showing flight departure information.There is only one entrance to departures,you can't get lost.I believe they still make the old fashioned tannoy announcements,together with the screens.

Hope all goes well.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
266 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which gate?

Thanku for your quick response...(:

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
215 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which gate?

Last summer Ryanair seemed to have a dedicated area for gates 4&5. Gates are shown on screens around 30 mins before departure, althogh for Jet2 departures that seems to be 40 mins. They only start making announcements closer to departure time & I have not heard any for Ryanair departures

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which gate?

Oh dear it seems I may have tempted fate by saying the terminal should be quiet.

Unfortunately due to the gale force winds it seems nothing has got in or out of the airport so far this morning.Many of the flights have been cancelled and the others waiting the storm out.

I hope Rainbow makes it to Lanzarote.Ryanair seem to cancel flights when there are any issues with weather or striking air traffic control.Let us know Rainbow how you get on,good luck!.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,391 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which gate?

I believe it has changed now since last summer since the terminal has been altered; as FR use remote stands for boarding. If it is todays flight to ACE, then it departed 1h20mins later than scheduled departure time of 13:30 at 14:50. Winds still quite bad now but certainly calmed down from this morning.

Edited: 05 December 2013, 16:25
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
266 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which gate?

Hi thanks for your concern it was touch n go on Thursday but good old Ryainair managed to get us from Lanzarote to Leeds (: it was touch n go but I made it and am enjoying my time in Leeds...just hope all goes well for my return home on Tuesday...will keep u updated...(:

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
266 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which gate?

Returned home today as the o p said Ryain air do go from gate 5 ( gd to know). L B A airport was fantastic straight into check in then straight. Through security , boarded plane on time & took off on time..flight was going very smoothly until we started to desend into Lanzarote ..very very disturped landing hence to say we are now on a weather alert here for the nxt 24 hours...):

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which gate?

Glad to hear you made it home safe and sound Rainbow :-)

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: which gate?

Hi Rainbow,

Gates at airports are allocated dynamically and can be changed even at the last minute so your question cannot be answered. Check at the airport on the day.

However the international terminal of Lanzarote Airport, is not so big, so you can move throw it easily.