We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

Walsall
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

Hi,

Me and some friends are going to Leeds in a few weeks time for my 30th Birthday. We will be staying at the Hilton Doubletree and the plan is to go for a meal then visit a some Real Ale pubs and bars before ending the night at the Cockpit.

I am just looking for some advise on restaurants and bars. The restaurant shouldn't be too expensive (up to ~£20 per person) and cater for a wide range of tastes. As for bars, we are fans of Rock/ Metal music and so would want to avoid the more mainstream bars and clubs. I was thinking of maybe including The Hop Bar which is right outside the hotel, The Nation of Shopkeepers and maybe Mr. Foley's also. I am completely open to suggestions and I am happy to scrap these if you are able to suggest areas with more suitable bars and pubs.

We wouldn't want to walk too far and so ideally the bars would be in close proximity to each other. Any advise you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave

Yorkshire Dales...
Destination Expert
for North Yorkshire, Suffolk
Level Contributor
3,610 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

Friends of Ham down by the station is somewhere a bit different.

http://www.friendsofham.com/

How about Whitelocks Ale House for your meal?

http://www.whitelocksleeds.com

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

North Bar on Briggate just above Primark is another good bet for beer as are Veritas and Victoria (behind Town Hall). Also Leeds Brewery Tap near station (and close to Friends of Ham) is good - there is a newish bar called Tapped on Boar Lane just round the corner from those two that I have heard good things about

Walsall
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

Thank you for your replies so far, Veritas and Friends of Ham definitely look interesting and I want to try to include these.

What about bars playing rock/alternative/metal music? I've been looking in this area for such bars, but the only one I can seem to find is Nation of Shopkeepers.

Thanks

4. Re: Ideas for 30th Birthday in Leeds....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations