We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Hi,

I am sure there is an answer to my question and it is regarding parking reasonably near to Leeds First Direct Arena, with a vehicle of 2m high or safely 2.10m high - the multi storey car parks offer 1.83m high and without stripping my roof rack off I wonder if anyone had any experience and could safely tell me where would be a good place to park -safely/ legally. We don't mind walking a reasonable distance. We are staying at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East for one night and would welcome suggestions. Thank you.

Leeds
Level Contributor
669 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

There is car parking behind Vicar Lane / Templar Street / Lady lane/ Edward Street area that would be suitable. This is about a 10 minute walk away.

Lady Lane http://goo.gl/mZ2hgW

Edward Street http://goo.gl/FQgJeZ

Leeds
Level Contributor
669 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Just to add that if you arrive late and the car parks are full, the next option would be to head for Millgarth Police station (bottom of Lady lane) and try the large car park behind there.

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

I thank you very much for your precise answers I will investigate further and plan to make sure we have mapped all of the options, with staying overnight we hope to be there in good time.

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Just checked out all three car parks on Google and they all seem to be just the ticket. Thank you for sharing your knowledge of the area.

Leeds England
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Another option could be to leave the car at the hotel and get taxis - from where you are staying the taxi would be £10-£12 each way. Or get the bus into Leeds, there's a bus stop virtually over the road from your hotel and the taxi or bus back later. Any info on this just ask I live 1\2 mile from your hotel.

Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Thank you for a great answer we may take this option if we decide to go into town earlier for a meal but will check out the buses and taxis from hotel to venue, looks like some great shopping in the Victoria Mall too.

Leeds England
Level Contributor
134 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

Victoria Quarter is a great place for shopping as is Trinity that opened last year. Trinity has a huge range of shops and restaurants whilst Victoria Quarter is smaller with more upmarket boutique shops. If you like shopping you'll certainly enjoy Leeds!

8. Re: Parking nr. Leeds First Direct Arena with high van

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Leeds