We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Huddersfield...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Hi

I am planning a trip to Leeds for my husbands birthday, can anyone recommend any real ale pubs close to the Leeds Marriott hotel?

Many thanks

Gayle

Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Yes, one just across the road called Tapped, And a couple more down the road that I have not been too, But tapped is very good. :)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Do not know if Vicar Lane is close to your hotel. I went into this one a few weeks ago. I do believe it's in the Real Ale Guidebook. The landlord is very friendly and will give you a taster before you order.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3953614

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3953616

I think he as at least 6 real ales on at any time.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 17:57
leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

stick and twist has approx 4-8 real ales

as for ian480 first link, its part of the council project in knocking it down

tong palace is closing for business next week

however the pub is in a battle right now to keep it open as its listed as a list 2 building...

both pubs mentioned is a easy 5-10 minute walk

from marriot walk towards main road... cross the main road walk right, follow MAIN round and walk round the bend, you'll see kirkgate market on your right, keep walking till you see a cross road with barclays on your left, cross the road in front of you

you will walk pass sony centre, walk to pedestrian crossing, cross the road, there's a building with a chinese called tong's just in front the pub ian 480 is just to the left of this chinese on the MAIN road

to stick and twist

walk through trinity towards saint johns centre

go through saint johns centre till you exit the opposite side of the small shopping centre

stick and twist is in front of you across the road

http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/

stick n twist ale list

http://www.jdwrealale.co.uk/ales

Edited: 28 April 2014, 21:38
leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

14-18 not 4-8, but looking at the list seems to be alot more*

Bradford
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

There are loads within easy walking disyance - Whitelocks is an unmissable Edwardian bar, Leeds Brewery Tap and Friends of Ham just round corner from station, Scarborough just out the front of the station and down the stairs near the mini bus station

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Babyangel

Not another one going to close? Maybe worth a visit before it does. I'm in Leeds on Wednesday so I may pop in. Tried to visit The Gate a few weeks ago but that one is closed down.

Edited: 28 April 2014, 21:56
leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
385 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

yes ian480, another one going

tong palace was suppose to close back in jan, but they managed to drag it on, with a definate closing date next week

i only knew about the pub when my friend told me... and i was like WHAT thats a listed building? and because its a listed building council is in a debate whether they can knock the rest of the building without it affect the pub

Huddersfield...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Many thanks everyone

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
314 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

There are loads right on your doorstop. Somebody mentioned the Stick & Twist. That is a weatherspons pub right up by the arena at the other end of town Can't see why you would walk up there when there are others, including Weatherpoons close by.

Like someone mentioned there are a few up the alleys off Briggate, just cross the road and walk up by McDonalds. There's The Angel, The Packhorse, The Ship and Whitelocks. Tapped Brew has loads but is pricey. as is Brew Dog at the corn exchange though it does have some weird and wonderful beers. At the side of the train station under the arches there is The Hop which is an Ossett Brewery pub.

Take your pick, you will be spoilt for choice

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Real Ale pubs near Leeds Marriott hotel

Also try www.whatpub.com the campaign for real ale's own pub guide.

Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations