We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Light lunch for an 81 year old ....

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Light lunch for an 81 year old ....

Hi,I'm taking my mum to Leeds next week for the day as she hasn't been for about 10 years. She is eighty one years old and I'd like to take her somewhere really nice for lunch. She can't walk far and hasn't much of an appetite so we would be looking at a really nice place for a light lunch maybe a sandwich or salad. She has a really sweet tooth and likes her cakes. I did think of Harvey Nics but she wouldn't want a 3 course meal,and I don't think Trinity kitchen would be her cup tea,even though it is mine.

Thanks Julie x

Otley, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Light lunch for an 81 year old ....

Hi Julie,

There is always the Harvey Nichols Espresso Bar, on the ground floor in the Victoria Arcade to the side of the main store. They would do a lighter bite. Or you could try Patisserie Valerie on Albion Street, just on the outskirts of Trinity. It is part of a chain I know, but they are consistently good, have a great selection of light lunches, sandwiches etc, plus fantastic cakes. My mum is 82, I would take her there. Don't think she would love Trinity Kitchen either! Hope you have a great visit.

Lucy Smith.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
Level Contributor
2,746 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Light lunch for an 81 year old ....

The Harvey Nichols Expresso Bar in the Victoria Arcade is a very good idea. Numerous lite bites and sandwiches but I don't know about cakes. Patisserie Valerie does have fantastic cakes but I find it not very comfortable - always very crowded and tiny tables on top of each other and when busy the service is not what it should be. There is also Cafe Rouge in The Link, also a chain but do lite bites and sandwiches.

3. Re: Light lunch for an 81 year old ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations