We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation/Leeds UFC

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Accomodation/Leeds UFC

We are a family of 2A & 2C (15 & 12) wanting to see Leeds UFC play on 26 Dec this year.

We are from Australia and haven't been to Leeds before, so not too cluey.

Should we stay near Brewery Wharf as we want to visit the Royal Armouries Museum or in the City Centre? Probably looking at 3-4 star accom, not too pricey as I think we will need 2 rooms and parking for car.

Also is it easy enough to drive to the game and get parking or catch a cab?

Any suggestions or ideas on places to visit will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Kate

Sheffield
Level Contributor
4,754 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

First get the football tickets. It's on a Bank Holiday (Boxing Day) and Wigan fans will not have far to travel. Then worry about where to stay.

Public transport across Leeds is usually pretty good but I don't know about Boxing Day. Or about the Royal Armouries opening dates and times.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,128 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

www.leedsunited.com/directions-stadium-map

Tickets indeed need to be your priority. The directions to Elland Road say it's 2miles from the station so a taxi is always an option or you could even walk? There isn't any mention of buses but there does appear to be parking near the ground - however, in my experience of traffic around large stadiums on match days you might be quicker walking the 2 miles than queuing to get out of the car park and away! Any public transport that's running will be operating a reduced service on Boxing Day.

I stayed at Brewey Wharf the week before last on business and it's a lovely part of town to stay. I stayed at Jury's Inn which was about 10-15minute from the Royal Armouries and station or there's a Holiday Inn Express right next door to the Armouries which would be a bit further from town. I don't think either have free parking so you'd need to factor that in if you've got a car - there's public car parks next to both hotels. I would imagine that the closer to the centre of town you get the less likely you will be to find parking.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

Brewery Wharf and the city centre are no more than a 10-15 min walk away. Personally I'd choose a city centre hotel but make sure you can park, most offer pre-booked on site parking or have an arrangement with a nearby car park.

Staying in the centre gives you more options for dining which are (IMO) rather limited and of variable quality around the Armouries.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

Tickets go on sale approximately 4 weeks in advance so you may as well book your hotel. The away team, Wigan wont have a huge allocation, there will be plenty of home tickets available.

Beweleys hotel have deals for Leeds Utd matches, its a 10min walk to the ground and 10 mins to train station. Its an eay drive but probably quicker to walk. You can get to the Armouries by foot in about 15 mins, only a few minutes in a taxi.

You can have a look on a Leeds Utd supporters forum for more info, but don't be offended by some of the language!!

www.waccoe.com

Enjoy

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,061 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

I think I can safeley say that getting tickets for this game shouldn't be an issue. As Davidblades has already said, Wigan don't bring many fans to away games and Leeds have only been averaging around 25,000 fans for the past couple of seasons in the Championship - with bigger games (and this included with it being on Boxing Day) getting just less than 30,000 attendances. I wouldn't advise driving or getting a cab as the roads around the stadium do get very busy with traffic and fans arriving at the ground.

For your hotel, I'd probably recommend booking one in the city centre as you will have more choice - the Armories is walkable from the city centre.

Perth
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

Thank you all so much for your helpful replies.

Cheers

Kate

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

One thing I have noted is that the hotels in Leeds always sell their rooms as cheap as chips for Boxing day, so you will hopefully get a good deal.

I would not worry at all about leaving your booking of one until late.

8. Re: Accomodation/Leeds UFC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations