We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PArking around bramley station

Which Leeds hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
PArking around bramley station

I will be paying a flying visit to Leeds on a Sunday in July.Will be travelling from Lancaster, planning to arrive about 11, spending 3 hours including Art Gallery as son is looking at Lancaster Uni, and Leeds has a good reputation for Art and is sort of on the way to Reading where we live...sort of...

Anyway my question is as I'd like a break from driving, bramley looks like a good place to catch the train in as Elland Rd is shut on Sundays. How much on street parking is there around the area as the car park looks pretty small - is it likely to fill up on a Sunday am?

Did look at Cottingley, but trains took longer,

Thanks.

Leeds England
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PArking around bramley station

Hi Jane, hope I understood you correctly here goes - I would just drive into the centre of Leeds as the roads are fairly quiet on Sundays and there will be lots of parking available (not free anymore unfortunately). If you park somewhere like Tetleys - http://thetetley.org/visit-the-tetley/ it's less than a 5 minute stroll into Leeds centre and just 2 mins drive to the M1 when you leave. Bramley and Cottingley assuming these are the Leeds ones are virtually in the centre anyway and parking will be less than the cost of the train tickets. Any more info or help please ask. Just a side issue The Tour de France is in Leeds and around Yorkshire on 5-6 July so many roads will be closed just in case that was the weekend you were coming.

Edited: 24 June 2014, 08:50
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PArking around bramley station

Hi Simon Leeds, it's Ok I'm not there that weekend, i just have very bad memories of getting totally lost and going round Leeds twice on the ring road years ago!!! Scarred for life i think :) I'll stick tetleys into the sat nav and cross my fingers, Thanks.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PArking around bramley station

hi jane

i totally agree with what simon is saying

just keep to street parkign where its a few quid i think £2, not sure, but its definately more convenient than you waiting for a train and paying for a train ticket to get you into leeds city centre

leeds art gallery is here

leeds.gov.uk/museumsandgalleries/Pages/Leeds…

just to let you know there is street parking on cookridge street round the corner and on st. anne's steet, however st anne's street is on a one way systema nd you may miss the turning which is for the light and there's only like three spaces

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Leeds+Art+Gallery/@53.799891,-1.548051,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48795c1bb9406685:0x96ae1a2aa5b64428

cookridge has approx 15 spaces

if not great george st has plenty of steet parking by the hospital (look on map) and its VERY straight forward to the motrways

Leeds England
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PArking around bramley station

Leeds didn't get nicknamed circle city for nothing!!! The beauty about Tetleys is it is pretty much at the end (and start) of the motorways without having to drive into the centre. Leeds centre is pretty compact for walking around although it will be a good 20min walk to the Museum and Art Gallery through all the shops etc. Tetley's itself is now an Arts Centre so may be of interest to you too.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 08:33
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PArking around bramley station

Thanks all, I'll summon up my courage then and head in to town :)

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PArking around bramley station

Hi Jane, in answer to your original question, plenty of spaces at Bramley station. Don't think I've ever seen it full either so you're pretty much guaranteed a spot if you still plan on parking there.

Trains are quite regular - I think through the day on Sunday they are every 15-20 minutes - but one of the services doesn't stop there it goes straight through. IIRC it is the Blackpool train which goes straight through without stopping.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PArking around bramley station

I assume you will come in on the M62/M621.if you come off the M621 at j2,just as you see elland road on the right, and turn left. You will automatically end up on the Armley gyratory which will lead to the inner ring road. Any one of the first exits off their will lead you to the museum and art gallery area. Plenty of on street parking or head for Woodhouse multi storey or the Rose Bowl. All cheap. Tetleys is fine but its a right hike

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PArking around bramley station

just a little bit of info towards deb leeds

when approaching armley gyratory, make sure you are in the correct lane!!!

many cars go fast and cut you off!!

if your heading into city centre, you need the 3rd exit at the armly gyratory, first exit takes you to wortly, secon exit takes you to pudsey, third exit which is sharp takes you to town

Leeds England
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PArking around bramley station

Hi Jane, not wanting this to turn into a who knows best bunfight but I would not recommend going anywhere near Armley gyratotry/inner ring road - it's a nightmare road even for those who live in Leeds (think it was in the top ten most dangerous roads in the country at one point). Stay on the M621 and look to park around the Crown Point Bridge area (Tetleys also around here) - easy to drive to and away from albeit with a longer walk to the Art Gallery (20 mins at the most).

Edited: 26 June 2014, 13:50
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,248 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PArking around bramley station

" I would not recommend going anywhere near Armley gyratotry/inner ring road - it's a nightmare road even for those who live in Leeds (think it was in the top ten most dangerous roads in the country at one point)"

___

It was't. It was the stretch of Stanningley Bypass from Henconner Lane up to Dawsons Corner which was deemed dangerous - which is about three miles away from Armley Gyratory.

Yes it is a busy route into & out of Leeds, but I'd say the only issue you have to worry about is when leaving the Gyratory on Armley Road that you are in the outside lane as the inside lane is now a dedicated bus lane.