We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saturday night out first time, any advice please

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
saturday night out first time, any advice please

hi everyone, i and a few friends are coming to leeds for a day/night out, staying at the ibis budget (cheap i know but its all we need) on a saturday night in a couple of weeks time. as hardly any of us have been to leeds before for a night out would anybody be able to help us with some tips or advice please.

just some decent pubs for daytime and which are the best places to go out for the night? also any cocktail bars worth visiting. any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you all :-)

Belfast, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

What age beanz? Greek St/Park Row. Nice bars and plenty of eateries within 150mts. The Living Room is great bar with great music. It's 5 - 7 Greek St. Good luck.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

Depends on your age. The usual general advice is - around Boar Lane and City Square for the big drinking, stand-up with the masses bars; around Park Row/Greek Street (as Andrew D suggests) for general fun and food; or if you feel like something a bit more indie and more varied the section of town around Call Lane/Corn Exchange.

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

thanks for the help guys appreciate it, yes age would help, were all around 29 so just looking for somewhere with a few decent places for beers during day and then maybe cocktail bar and more clubbier places later on during the evening. are things walking distance or spread out more in leeds? also which areas tend to be cheaper and more expensive? thanks for all your help and advice

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

i would recommend the "top of town" bars - north bar, sandanista, belgrave music hall and mojo. A slightly older crowd but will be busy. Leeds is an easy city to walk and you can get to and from each of the areas suggested within 10 minutes - so if you don't like one, try another!

Rhyl, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

thanks for the replies ive had a look at each area and found a few places in each. just wondering, what are the prices like for drinks roughly? say for pints of beer and spirits? also are there many places that require you to pay for entry? thank you

LEEDS, WEST...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

I always enjoy starting in Millenium Square as you had a Wetherspoons (Cuthbert Broderick) for a few cheap drinks. Then over to All-Bar-One, which is directly opposite. Into Electric press to the Epernay Champagne bar (for one as its a little pricey, but the ambience is nice!). Directly opposite that is Revolution Vodka bar. Then just up t'road (as we say in yorkshire) you'll fine Tiger Tiger and Pryzm (formerly Ocena nightclub). So you've got quite a few options all fairly close together.

Revolution does charge a few pounds after a certain time, not sure how much though as we're usually in there before the charges start, same with Tiger Tiger I believe.

Pryzm is £5 I think?!?

Not sure how much a pint is (don't drink em) but a vodka n coke, for example is approx £3.50.

Enjoy

7. Re: saturday night out first time, any advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Leeds
Recent Conversations