We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Hi all, I will be celebrating my wedding anniversary in a couple of weeks (Friday) with a meal at Man Behind the Curtain, we will finish around 10.30pm and want to move on to a 'sophisticated' type cocktail bar/lounge for an hour or so.

Can anyone suggest a decent one nearby, where we won't feel out of place dressed up a bit??!!

Many thanks

Jerry....

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

The Man Behind the Curtain is supposed to be amazing. Lovely venue too. Michael creates some unique cocktails too.

Angelica or the Alchemist are great for cocktails. Both located in the Trinity centre a short walk from Flannels.

If you want to walk a bit further The New Ellington Gin Garden is lovely and do wonderful cocktails

Also there's Bibis, although predominantly a restaurant, do have a cocktail bar and is a lovely venue.

Please let me know how the meal was.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Thanks Deb, I don't like crowds, and worried Angelica and The Alchemist will be busy on a Friday evening? The Gin Garden looks very promising!! My wife's favourite tipple and perhaps it will be quieter?

We are staying at The Queens so pretty central, although the wife's high heels will mean a taxi here and there!!

Jerry....

UK
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Rare on Lower Briggate does fantastic cocktails (high quality ingredients) but unfortunately is likely to be crowded on a Friday night. Haven't been there but the Gin garden does look tempting.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Thanks TVJ, we are eating at Rare the following night!! Glad to hear it does great cocktails.....can't wait now!!

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,677 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Sky lounge at the Hilton?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Well this is good news because you are just halfway between flannels and the gin garden staying at the queens. It sounds like you're gonna have a fantastic weekend

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

We most certainly are!!! Thanks Deb and everyone!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Enjoy your meal at Rare!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

Certainly will TVJ, I'm sure it will bring out the 'carnivore' in me!! LOL

Jerry....

10. Re: Best Cocktail Bar/Lounge in Leeds City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:17