We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-Day Road Trip Itinerary Help

Which Salisbury hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
7-Day Road Trip Itinerary Help

Hello Friends. I'm renting a car and touring southern England after spending 7 days in London. Please advise on my itinerary below. Do you think I have too much planned on Day Eight? I do not want to rush or miss anything. Should I move Avebury to Day 14? How does my Cotswold portion look? What is your opinion about Day 14? We are 2 adults and 3 teenaged daughters interested in nature, literature, and history.

DAY EIGHT:

*Check out of Pimlico flat early. Go to Heathrow Airport to pick up 7-day car rental.

*Drive to (and tour) Avebury, Stonehenge, Salisbury

*Sleep in Salisbury

DAY NINE:

*Spend entire day in Bath

*Sleep in Lacock

DAY TEN:

*Morning stroll/hike into Lacock town (village). See abbey. Probably stay until mid afternoon.

*Drive around Lower Cotswolds including Castlecomb, maybe Burford. Try to get to Bibury in late afternoon/early evening to avoid the crowds at the Trout Farm. We are also considering the Corinium Museum in Cirencester, but are unsure if it is worthy of our time, since we have ample access to Roman artifacts in NYC at the Met.

* Hike/Walk to Belas Knap if we decide to drive westerly. In that case, climb the Broadway tower...What do you experts suggest for this day?

*Sleep in Stow on the Wold

DAY ELEVEN:

*Drive around Upper Cotswolds, including 1-2 hour hike between the Slaughters, Morton in

Marsh and the Falconry Center, and (if possible) Snowshill, Chipping Camden

*Sleep in Stow on the Wold again

DAY TWELVE:

*Full Day pilgrimage to Stratford Upon Avon. I am a Shakespeare FANATIC!!

*Royal Shakespeare Co play (YEA) at night

*Sleep in Stratford Upon Avon

DAY THIRTEEN:

*See whatever we missed in SUA

*Warwick Castle

*Sleep in SUA again

DAY FOURTEEN OPTION 1:

* Oxford: Christ Church, punting, Harry Potter sights, Magdelan... (hotel near City center and therefore expensive)

DAY FOURTEEN OPTION 2:

* Spend more time in Cotswolds (get cheaper hotel).

* Explore Uffington and White Horse

* Avebury if we missed it on Day Eight.

DAY FIFTEEN:

*Morning drive back to Heathrow Airport to return rental car

*1:00 Flight out of Heathrow Terminal 4

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!! :)

11. Re: 7-Day Road Trip Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:18