We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legoland QBOT

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
228 reviews
Save Topic
Legoland QBOT

Any locals care to comment on whether a QBOT rental is worth it?

What would typical crowds be in late July assuming a sunny day.? Can we expect 30 min lineups or 2 hrs?

I might be willing to splurge for QBOT regular but the express is way too much considering there's 5 of us.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legoland QBOT

Well, in Windsor and Maidenhead, the school term ends July 22, but many younger children will be flocking to Legoland before then.

The below thread is an excellent discussion of qbots.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186419-i1323-k203…

Many of the rides are for the very very young, and you could possibly get away with three (just for the kids).

There are also discounts available for kids under six in June and July, details were posted recently in this forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186419-i1323-k442…

Hope this helps!

Edited: 29 June 2011, 15:36
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legoland QBOT

<<What would typical crowds be in late July assuming a sunny day>>

Absolutely horrendous. Nightmare. First week of the school holidays. I'd consider not going at all unless you have already promised the kids?

As it happens I was speaking to someone about Legoland today, he said he thought the "queue jump pass" (I paraphrase) was well worth it to get best use of the park but I don't know if that refers to QBOT or Express. FWIW his two are aged 9 so they would not have been going on the rides aimed at the very young.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legoland QBOT

You'll be paying quite a lot for five to get into Legoland, and I would hate for that day to be mostly standing in line--especially for young children!

As the thread I attached discussed, most people thought qbots were the best thing since sliced bread.

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legoland QBOT

As I said in my other post re your trip,Legoland will be busy when you go as start of school hols and main tourist season,but don't make that put you of going,otherwise as tourists we'd never go anywhere in the school hols here or abroad!The longest we've had to queue with no QBot's etc is about 1 hr 15mins.Never had to wait 2hrs.

Personally,when we go to Legoland we've never used the QBot's,but many people do,and if there's 5 of you,would prob be a good idea,but will obvs add more cost on top of your tickets making it an expensive day,but worth it.If you can,book your tickets up on-line and you'll make some savings there,and take a picnic (buy some grub at supermarkets in Windsor,Marks n Spencer or Waitrose)and that'll save money also.Food at Legoland is very overpriced.I hope you have a great day at Legoland......

Calgary
Level Contributor
794 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legoland QBOT

After reading all these posts and related threads I think the QBOT regular is probably worth it in our case.

I think I prefer the Disney FastPass where everyone has a chance to use it at no extra cost. But surprisingly few do...

Paying extra to jump the queue seems a bit fascist to me. I don't like the concept, but I'll try it to keep the kids happy.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,112 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legoland QBOT

At the end of the day, it's all about the kid's having fun, yes?

I think Qbots would be a good idea. A picnic or snacks as Jesseche suggested are also going to be a money saver. And don't forget to look at the on-line discounts in the link I provided.

Hope you have a good time!

7. Re: Legoland QBOT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Windsor