We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Windsor

k j
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Windsor

I am confused about which are the safe places to park in Windsor. I have read many warnings about clamping and other problems. I've also read that parking may be hard to find. Can anyone direct me? We would like to visit Windsor Castle on a Friday morning. It will be a day that the changing of the guard is happening.

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking in Windsor

I agree - you won't struggle to park. I personally park over in Eton and walk over the bridge (saves a lot of money and the walk is nice!). They are pay and display car parks.

London
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Parking in Windsor

I always head for the Alexandra Gardens car park, can get mobbed at weekends, but I think you will be fine on a Friday morning;

rbwm.gov.uk/web/parking_alexandra_gardens.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Parking in Windsor

Please be careful. I have just been clamped in the castle street car park. It is privately owned and two people silt in a thrifty van clamping at will. The website says free parking after 9.30 pm. But that is not true and they clamp. They also charge £125 which apparently mostly goes to these two clampers. Don't be fooled by there pathetic apologies about it not being their fault. They want your money. WARNING DONT PARK IN CASTLE STREET CAR PARK!!

k j
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Parking in Windsor

We ended up staying in a bed and breakfast in order to avoid parking lot issues. The innkeeper parked our car for us, just to be sure all was well. When we returned, we had a ticket. We stopped a local to ask why, and after looking over our parking pass, she said she had absolutely no idea--everything looked in order. The innkeeper settled the matter--so I don't know how it ended--but parking in Windsor is definitely a challenge!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Parking in Windsor

i wish to confirm this same experiance ...this is a very deceptive and unfair practice..avoid this carpark at all costs...THE CASTLE STREET CAR PARK

Edited: 24 May 2013, 16:53
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Parking in Windsor

In post one I specifically say to use the public lots, and then provide a link with a map and fee information.

I also specifically say to avoid privately owned car parks--such as Castle Car Park.

Clamping, you will be happy to know, has been banned in the U.K.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Parking in Windsor

that is wonderful

18. Re: Parking in Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Windsor