We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venue for a school reunion

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Venue for a school reunion

Hi, we are planning a school reunion for a Saturday in March 2013 and are looking for a venue that could accommodate up to 35 people for lunch, possibly with the opportunity to have cocktails later and then somewhere that could provide music for dancing (preferably 70s/80s music!). We are ladies in our late 40s, but still very young in spirit! The venue needs to be somewhere where we can all be seated in a way that we can talk to each other in large groups (rather than seated at tables for 4 etc). Last year, a mini reunion took place in La Bodega in Windsor, but we think this will be too small.

Any suggestions?? Many thanks.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,639 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venue for a school reunion

I have not done it myself, but I know some of the boat operators on the Thames do dinner/dancing, and I am fairly certain that they serve alcohol as well.

http://www.boat-trips.co.uk/pc/pc1.htm

Many of the nice restaurants in Windsor would probably accommodate your group, but perhaps not provide room for dancing. For a small to medium sized restaurant, this would almost entail (with the music/dancing) booking the restaurant for the evening, which could get pricey.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venue for a school reunion

The Royal Adelaide Hotel, Windsor have a small private dining room, that may be of interest for your lunch reunion.

www.theroyaladelaide.com

You would also be able to have cocktails in the bar there.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venue for a school reunion

Latinos Taverna do Greek Music and Dancing on Friday/Saturday Evenings. But, you would also be required to have dinner there.

www.latinotaverna.co.uk

It is small inside, goes up over a few floors, but they do book parties in there.

I have been there a few times as a party guest - good fun evening. Very lively.

Gets some mixed reviews here on TA.

Edited: 22 October 2012, 16:11
Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venue for a school reunion

I can also recommend Latinos taverna.I've been there a few times over the years and always enjoyed the food and entertainment there.It does get booked up far in advance thou.

Another place that may be of interest to you,is Browns Bar n Restaurant in Windsor.They have a large room on their 1st floor that caters for up to 60 people.Browns is in a g8t location overlooking the River Thames and Windsor Castle if you go upstairs.It also sells some luvly cocktails.There is background music,but no dancing as such,but other places to go for that after you've had lunch and your cocktails.

The website is: [www.browns-restaurants.co.uk]

Edited: 22 October 2012, 16:46
UK
Level Contributor
266 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venue for a school reunion

Thank you so much for these helpful suggestions. If we were to book a restaurant separately, do you have any recommendations for clubs that do 70s/80s music on a Saturday night?? Probably wishful thinking but it would be good to hear some sounds from our schooldays!

Thanks once again.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Venue for a school reunion

May be of interest....

The Duke of York Pub in St Leonards Road, Windsor have Classic Gold Nights some Saturday Evenings. Music from 50 through to 80s.

I have seen posters in Windsor advertising Vanilla nightclub for over 21s only entry on Saturday evenings. May be worth an enquiry - you never know.

Maidenhead, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venue for a school reunion

Also, Old Ticket Hall may be of interest....

oldtickethall.co.uk/about-us

Slough,Berks
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venue for a school reunion

Hi again,I'm 46 and when me and my friends visit Windsor for an evening,sum of the bars we like to visit are:

Havana's Bar and Charley's Horse Bar both located under the arches on Goswell Hill,very near to the train station and Bar 51 which is at the end of Peascod Street.

All 3 bars have DJ's on a Sat with playlists from 70's music right up to now.They do tend to get busy on a Sat nite and the age groups range from late 20's upwards.

Havana's do cater for large bookings to eat,but only from 6.30pm,but Bar 51 is open all day,so that may be worth looking into if you want to eat,drink and have music all in one location.Not sure if they take large bookings thou......

Havana's and CH have their own websites,but for Bar 51 their website is [www.wpcinns.com] as they belong to a chain of bars n pubs in Windsor.

9. Re: Venue for a school reunion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:18