We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the Great Walk

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking for the Great Walk

Hi all,

Myself and my husband have been to Windsor a few times before and it is always so busy, especially when the weather is good! Is there anywhere we can park to do the Great Walk that is not in the centre of Windsor - for example, halfway along?

London
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking for the Great Walk

Parking anywhere in Windsor is not easy, I'm afraid, and there are no public car parks or metered street parking anywhere near the Long Walk. One option could be to park up near the other end - there are limited free spaces near the Bishops Gate entrance to Windsor Great Park, just past the Fox and Hounds pub in Englefield Green. It is a short walk from here to the Copper Horse statue and the start of the Long Walk.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,413 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking for the Great Walk

Fox and Hounds will be your best bet--there is also parking in the back, if you intend to return for a drink or meal. It is a good idea to check with the landlord.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking for the Great Walk

Great thank you for your advice EalingBlue and LauraRW, we will try this out next time we are there.

4. Re: Parking for the Great Walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:18