We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea in Windsor

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea in Windsor

My family and I are going to Windsor on Sunday 8th Dec

Right now my decision is between "Bel&the Dragon" and "Gilbey's Bar and Restaurant", which one would be a better choice

If you have any other recommended afternoon tea places, please do tell I would appreciate it :)

PS. I tried the Crooked House, but felt it was just average :/

Thank you so much for your answer

4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea in Windsor

Since we (3 of us) will travel by a train, so a place within a convenient walking range would be appreciate

Thx :)

TX
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea in Windsor

Sorry, I don't have the answer you seek, but just wanted to thank you for mentioning Gilbey's. I'll be spending a few days in Windsor next year with my mother, and she and I both love finding nice places for afternoon tea. We had already planned to visit Bel & the Dragon, but now will also definitely add Gilbey's to our itinerary. I knew nothing of it until I read about it here.

Oh, and I'm with you on Crooked House. Really cute little place from the outside, but an uninspired tea. In fact, we sat there over our cups and talked about how the place desperately needed to be redecorated!

Edited: 02 December 2013, 19:55
U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,633 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea in Windsor

You could also think about having tea at the Harte and Garter, although this is a bit pricier--£12-13 I believe.

Let us know how you fared, and where.

4. Re: Afternoon Tea in Windsor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:18