We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Sunday

Which Windsor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Sunday

Hi guys will be arriving into heathrow on Sunday 20th jus lookin for the easiest way by train to get to windsor, we are staying in the mecure windsor, also will a full service be operating as it's Easter

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
35,783 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Sunday

londontoolkit.com/whattodo/windsor_transport…

check the website..bus would be the easiest....or book a local Windsor taxi service (the black cabs would be expensive)

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,621 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Sunday

Local pre-booked cab companies are 5Star, Windsor Cars, and Gemini Cars.

A black cab will cost more.

The Castle will be closed until 13:00.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Sunday

I agree with both of the replies. Taking the train from heathrow to windsor is not convenient. The 71 bus departs from terminal 5. If you arrive at another terminal you would need to take the airport shuttle to terminal 5 first to catch the bus there. I would personally take a cab. You can find a pre booked taxi service for about £18 each way for up to two passengers. I think it takes 60 minutes on the bus whereas the taxi will only take 20-30 minutes.

A lot of people come to windsor for the Easter service at the castle since the queen is in attendance so I would recommend pre booking lunch ahead of time.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,843 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Sunday

Buses 71 and 77 between Heathrow Terminal 5 and Windsor will both be operating the usual Sunday service, i.e. hourly on each route.

If you are flying into Terminal 1 use the Heathrow Express to travel between the Terminal 1,2,3 station ans Terminal 5, it is free for journeys within the Airport. Buses depart from stop 9 outside the Terminal and you pay the driver.

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter Sunday

Don't know why you specified train, there isn't even a bad reason to use one for this specific journey.

You don't say how many "we" is but even with only 2 people I would pre-book with one of the taxi services mentioned in an earlier post, the cab fare is only around £20-£25, for sake of saving a few pounds plus with it being a Sunday service, I can't see a bus is worth the hassle and slow trip.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Sunday

I will suggest that you should go with the prepaid taxi or cars. it will be a better option for you

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Sunday

Thanks for all the feedback,you hav all been very helpful,

The main reason for our trip is legoland unfortunately my nephew who is travelling with us does not travel well on buses so train seemed like the better option when we arrive.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter Sunday

If you really want to take the train you can but it will require two changes plus transferring to terminal 5 if you aren't arriving into that terminal

Train 10:46 Heathrow Airport T5 [HWV] Hayes & Harlington [HAY] 10:57 0h 11m

Train 11:03 Hayes & Harlington [HAY] Slough [SLO] 11:16 4 0h 13m

Train 11:32 Slough [SLO] Windsor & Eton Central [WNC] 11:38 0h 06m

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter Sunday

And rate for 2 or more adults plus a child on the train will be about £21 total if you do group save. Individual tickets are £10.80 each.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,621 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter Sunday

As emptynester illustrates, for about the same cost, and half the time, you could pre-book a cab.