We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

We have a noon flight to return to the US from Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 on September 8th. We are spending the last night of our trip in Windsor at the Harte and Garter.

How early will we need to leave Windsor on a Monday morning in order to arrive at Heathrow Airport by 9 am? About how much will the taxi fare cost? How far in advance do we need to arrange for a taxi?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,155 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

It's the rush hour and possibly the first day of the new school term so you would need to allow a little longer than the usual 20-30 minutes. Depends on the terminal but I would look to be on the road by 8.15 at the very latest.

There are usually taxis on the rank directly outside the hotel but if in doubt I am sure the hotel will book one for you the night before.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Amesbury, London
Level Contributor
6,886 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

Schools go back the previous week, Adam. But that aside, I think an 8.15am pick up is sensible. You just never know when the motorways are going to grind to a halt...

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

Thank you for your replies. I did not know how much traffic there would be at that time of day. We will plan to leave for the airport by 8.15 am.

4. Re: Taxi from Windsor to Heathrow Airport Terminal 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Windsor