We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snowdon Sherpa to Mt Snowdon Railway

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snowdon Sherpa to Mt Snowdon Railway

Hello!

I am planning to stay somewhere in North Wales (most likely Llandudno) in September... I was curious if anyone had experience getting around without a car, I'm planning on doing this whole trip with public transportation. If I were to base myself in Llandudno, could I get to the Snowdon Mountain Railway using the Sherpa bus? Also, is the bus service reliable and could this be done in one day? Thank you very much for your time! I really appreciate it :-)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
295 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snowdon Sherpa to Mt Snowdon Railway

Hello, it is possible to get to Llanberis from Llandudno but it will take a bit of time. Have you considered staying in Llanberis or even Betws-y-Coed? (unless of course you wish to be beside the seaside!)

I live in the Conwy Valley and find public transport to be reliable but not so frequent on some routes.

The direct bus from Llandudno to Llanberis (for Snowdon) would take at least 2 hours each way.

Check timetables here:- …traveline-cymru.info/journeyplanner/…

You could shave 30 minutes off the journey by taking a bus from Llandudno to Llanrwst or Betws-y-Coed and from there you can pick up the Sherpa bus.

Sherpa timetable here:- gwynedd.gov.uk/upload/…sherpa_haf_2011.pdf

Hope you have a great time

2. Re: Snowdon Sherpa to Mt Snowdon Railway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 10:22