We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short term rental

Georgia
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Short term rental

I'd like to spend about 5 months (May to Sept.) in Wales, centered in a city or town with good transportation links (since I won't have a car). Can anyone suggest how I would go about finding a furnished 1 bedroom apartment to rent? Would utilities and taxes be included, or would I have to deal with those myself? I've looked at some "serviced" apartments on line, but they seem too expensive. If I could have use of the kitchen, I wouldn't mind renting a room in family home. Where would I advertise to find this kind of housing? Thanks for your help!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short term rental

Hi there

You could try the homelidays website and as this will be bumped someone more expert than me may be able to help you.

Kind Regards

Merran

london
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short term rental

I'm not an expert on this subject ... however here's my thoughts as no-one else seems to be replying to you ... long term apartment lets are usually for a minimum of 6 months ... renting a room in someone's home or doing a "flat share" might be more viable, although again people are usually looking for long-term renters but they might accept someone for 5 months ... adverts for these are quite often on websites like Loot, but as these websites attract scammers it's not something I'd advise doing from overseas, you really need to be here to ring the person and go round to visit ... I would suggest booking yourself into some reasonably priced accommodation (eg a hostel) for when you arrive and then searching once you're here

good luck

Edited: 16 January 2012, 08:35
Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
535 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short term rental

Most 'short' long lets are for 6 months. Maybe you could try University student accommodation for some of your time here. Swansea and Cardiff are best for transport. but there's also Bangor and Aberystwyth and Carmarthen has student accommodation.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
666 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short term rental

Student accomodation is usually available from about the second week of June to mid September, for enquiries for Aberystwyth go to

aber.ac.uk/en/visitors/visitoraccomodation

5. Re: Short term rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 10:18