We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flipkey reviews for holiday rentals..reliable?

Manchester U.K
Level Contributor
350 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Flipkey reviews for holiday rentals..reliable?

Lots of time wasted looking at properties with non T.A reviews. I can't check to see if the reviewers are regular posters. How reliable are they they? Can they be trusted?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flipkey reviews for holiday rentals..reliable?

think I am right in saying flipkey is the property rental arm ,and is owned,or was owned by trip adviser, the only thing that is recurring in the past appears to be that most reviews on flipkey are very similar and also they all seem to be very good reviews, so I am afraid it is up to your judgment to decide

Madison, CT
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flipkey reviews for holiday rentals..reliable?

FLIPKEY is NOT reliable and Can NOT be trusted.

I had an incident with an owner not showing up at a rental until more than 5 hours after the scheduled check in time and due to the fact that I opted to get a hotel instead and did not 'technically' stay there, they are not allowing me to post a review.

This is RIDICULOUS and is all about the OWNER and who THEY allow to post.

It is not right and it is NOT accurate.

My guess is that all the reviews are sent in by friends of the owner.

3. Re: Flipkey reviews for holiday rentals..reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:42