We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anybody recognise this location?

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Does anybody recognise this location?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me with an issue. My girlfriends father passed away some time ago and I thought it would be nice for her to visit one of his favourite places. The only problem is nobody is sure where this exact place is. All I know is it is in the Welsh countryside and the only images I have is the unfortunately poor quality one to the left. I was wondering on the off chance whether you, or somebody you're aware of, would be able to identify the precise location. Apologies in advance if the attached is a generic looking landscape, my knowledge is quite poor on this topic.

I appreciate anyones help and understand with this and look forward to a response.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

You will need to post a link to the photo.

:-)

Chepstow, United...
Level Contributor
565 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

I've had a squint at it Lucy but, as you said, it's a rather poor photo. The rather conical hill to the left could be The Sugarloaf, near Abergavenny, in south Wales but I really can't be sure.

If you could get a better, larger photo done from that picture it might make identification easier.

Let's see what others say about it...

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

I t certainly is a hard call to pick a precise location for the photo, it could very well be the sugar loaf as Blorengia suggests, any more information as to if it's in North , South or mid wales ? where he stayed when visiting would help, perhaps you could browse google images for the sugar loaf and try to match the mountain shape. It looks like the sugar loaf to me >>alf

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

Hi guys, really appreciate all of your help with this. I have just found out it is near the "four crosses". Does this help? Thanks again

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

Google "Four Crosses Powys" and look at the wikipedia entry. Does this help?

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
423 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

i've heard of a four crosses south of Oswestry not too far from Shrewsbury, could that be it ? its a very nice walking area, never walked it myself so i'm no help.. good luck. Alf

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
661 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

It looks like a hill between Welshpool & Shrewsbury, which can be seen when approaching Shrewsbury on the train to the left . (Can also be seen from the A458 ) It is called Breidden Hill, if you google that you will see photos. It is only a short distance from Four Crosses (note there are two places called Four Crosses in Powys)

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

Hi all, firstly I really appreciate everyone's help and input with this. Yes the place in the picture is Breidden Hill as we have been able to confirm that location on a map against the rough area where we thought it was in. Thanks again everybody and I'm very impressed with everyone's knowledge of the area. It is a beautiful place.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,433 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

Glad you are sorted!

Hope the visit goes well!

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Does anybody recognise this location?

Hi, I'm lucky enough to have a view of Breidden Hill from the back of our house. If you get the chance to walk to the top, it's highly recommended. Enjoy :)