We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Hello,

I will have 6 nights with family in Wales. We don't want to be packing / unpacking every night, so I thought 2 bases would be good - perhaps a nice town in Snowdonia National Park, and then I'm not sure! 2 nights somewhere else. Can anyone please suggest 2 nice towns with good scenery and good surrounding attractions?

Thanks

Mark

Wrexham, UK
Level Contributor
885 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

In Snowdonia you could stay in Beddgelert, a small inland town assuming you have a car it's within reasonable distance of quite a bit of the park, Porthmadog which is on the coast and terminus to both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway. Llandudno on the north coast would be a possibility. It's outside the park, but convenient for exploring the North coast.

Elsewhere, I'd be inclined to head south possibly to Tenby a pretty resort town, and good centre for the Pembrokeshire National Park.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

What about Brecon Beacons National Park, you could get a lovely cottage with www.breconcottages.com Brecon, Hay-on-Wye, Llandovery or Crickhowell make great bases with plenty to do for all the family. Or what about Pembrokeshire, St Davids, Narberth or Haverfordwest all make good base points.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Thanks Keggy, I have just read up on those places and they seem very nice....good idea.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Thanks Heatseeker.......some good ideas. Beddgelert looks perfect!

California
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Check out Criccieth, pretty village on the coast and Betw-y-Coed. Two of my favorite places to stay while exploring north wales.

England
Level Contributor
520 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

Conwy medieval town with castle, smallest house in the UK, marina, easy access to Snowdonia, Island of Anglesey and Lleyn Peninsula (beautiful) and then south to Pembrokeshire.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 16:36
7. Re: 2 nice accommodation bases for travel in Wales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 06:17