We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looks can be deceiving

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Looks can be deceiving

Be afraid, be very afraid of staying at Brynrodyn Caravan Park in Borth. You can just turn up without booking and on the surface it looks like a lovely friendly place. That is until you meet the owners. We spoke to several people in Borth and when we said where we were staying they all said you must be mad or good luck!! After a couple of days we found out why. They are horrible people, all they want is your cash. In the camping area there is no water supply so it's a fair walk from the end we stayed at. There is no facility for rubbish so it's a long carry to the bin (not sign posted).. The field is quite sloped but trust me, they will try and put you in the worse place they can. The showers are okay, as are the toilets, gents hand dryer doesnt work, no plugs in sink and you have to be quick if you want hot water as the tap switches off as soon as you release it. No loo roll in the cubicles.

The club is very nice, I get the impression however, that the owners use this as a status symbol tothe rest of Borth, they are not happy if you turn up a little late. We went to Aber for the day, stopped off in Borth on the way back and got to the club at about 10:40, if you aint in by 10:30 forget it......The male owner couldnt come and tell us himself so scuttled off for the "battle-axe" who told us to get out. Would I recommend the site? NO Would I ever go back? NEVER.... I would rather sleep under a hedge. Nice site vile owners.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
668 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looks can be deceiving

Thankyou for your comments. My work colleague goes there to the clubhouse to eat & always says the food is very good, obviously she has never camped there.

Borth
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Looks can be deceiving

We are sorry you missed the 10.30pm deadline for entry to the FAMILY bar.

The plugs in the toilets have been replaced and toilet rolls are always avaliabe - please ask

We are pleased that you liked the facilities

Sorry you had to be personal about the owners who are merely protecting those in their bar from visitors arriving late having consumed large amounts of alcohol elsewhere

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,212 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looks can be deceiving

horrible owners, vile owners, most of your problems appear to be site facilities problems, also,if you got to the bar after closing time, how can you blame the owners,so how did the owners upset you so much??

ps. never been there , dont know the owners, just making an observation.

4. Re: Looks can be deceiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2011, 07:44