We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route to North Wales

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
111 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Route to North Wales

Hi all,

We are planning to travel by car from Manchester airport to North Wales ( Conwy/Llanberis/llandudno still undecided) . We are landing at Man airport at 19,00 hours so we would like a place to stop en route, have a walk, a nice dinner and a good sleep.

Any advice ?

Thanks in advance

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route to North Wales

Conwy or Llandudno, which offer a better choice of hotels than Llanberis are little over an hour´s drive from Manchester Airport.- and on excellent motorway /dual carriageway all the way. Not worth spending more money on a hotel en route. Once in either of these places you can have a very pleasant stroll round, good dinner etc

Edited: 22 January 2012, 17:41
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
111 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route to North Wales

Many thanks Chesterbuff, I think we will follow your advice

london
Level Contributor
2,148 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route to North Wales

I agree with chesterbuff that it's certainly not worth stopping for the night on the way as it's not a long journey, but if you want to eat on the way before you get to your destination I've had a good meal at the American OK diner in the Gateway services just after junction 33A on the A55 near Northop ... depends whether you like typical American burgers etc though

motorwayservicesonline.co.uk/A55#Northop_Hall

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route to North Wales

Llandudno does have some sea front hotels, and one right next to the pier. In regards to things to do, there is the tramway and cable car to the same destination, (Great Orms Tramway - Is the name if I'm not mistaken) ) I believe, not sure what else is there as I've not been there for uears, but it's well connected by public transport.

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
111 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Route to North Wales

Many thanks to all of you

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Route to North Wales

Yes, Llandudno is an hour and 15 minute drive from the airport or you can get trains from the airport with just 1 quick change.

Llandudno is a tourist destination and because of this there are hundreds of hotels and B&B's in the town from budget to boutique.

Certainly no need for a stop of on the way.

7. Re: Route to North Wales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:34
Get answers to your questions about North Wales