We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit and weather during August bank holiday

London, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
Places to visit and weather during August bank holiday

Hi Forum,

I am planning for a visit to North Wales during the coming August bank holiday weekend, what will be the typical weather during Aug? we will be travelling with 2 kids aged 11 & 5, we are planning to spend 3 nights arriving on 22 and departing on 25th. Can you pls suggest me some places to visit I have seen the ten top attractions in Wales http://www.tentop.co.uk/ unable to decide where to look for accommodation, it would be helpful if you can refer me some town names or hotels / B&B's with family rooms.

Many thanks in advance,

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
8,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit and weather during August bank holiday

Are you genuinely asking for a weather forecast for two months time? And you are a UK citizen? Write these words on bits of paper, rain, sunshine, wind, hail, fog heatwave, throw them in a hat and pick one.

Llansanffraid Glan...
Level Contributor
479 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit and weather during August bank holiday

The best place to stay is the town of Llandudno which is fairly central to most places you might want to visit and also has a wide choice of places to stay, although if you're planning on visiting on a bank holiday weekend you'll need to act quick before everywhere worth staying at gets fully booked.

Llandudno has a number of attractions including the Pier, the Copper Mines, the Great Orme Tramway, the cable cars, a dry ski slope and Bodafon Farm Park. Ten minutes drive away is the town of Conwy where you can explore the castle, the town walls, Plas Mawr (an Elizabethan town house built in 1585) and you can also visit the smallest house in Great Britain which is down by the Quay. Also within easy reach of Llandudno is the Welsh Mountain Zoo in Colwyn Bay. It's also within reasonably easy reach of Snowdonia if you wanted a day out.

No-one can say what the weather will do but it isn't unknown for Llandudno to experience sunshine in August. I would say it would be more likely to be good weather but that of course can't be guaranteed.

3. Re: Places to visit and weather during August bank holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16