We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

San Juan
Level Contributor
571 posts
160 reviews
143 helpful votes
Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

We are visiting later this month from Tuesday to Friday. Looking at Tripadvisor it seems that all restaurants are closed Tuesday and Wednesdays.

Are there any restaurants open on these days, either in Conwy or Llandudno?

3 replies to this topic
St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
12,018 posts
71 reviews
136 helpful votes
1. Re: Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

I don’t think all restaurants are closed Tuesday and Wednesday

Conwy

just a random sample

This one is open 7 days.

https://castlewales.co.uk/food-drink/

Alfredo’s Italian is open in the evenings as far as I can recall

There are 3 fish and chip restaurants and other pub restaurants and I would be very surprised if they all closed Tuesday and Wednesday . There might be limited opening in the winter

Llandudno

There are dozens of restaurants , cafes and bars in Llandudno offering a wide range of cuisine and again one or two might decide not to open on say Monday but again they won’t all be closed.

So please rest assured that when you come you will still have a choice of places to eat and you won’t go hungry

Edited: 07 September 2023, 06:30
Llandudno Junction...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
344 reviews
342 helpful votes
2. Re: Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

I quite often walk through Conwy in the evening and I've noticed that on Mondays it's like a ghost town but the rest of week there are places open after 17:30. Having said that Conwy is a very small town so there's not a lot of choice even when everywhere is open. If you're struggling on Tuesday you could try the Erskine Arms or The Mulberry, which are open seven days a week, but most places will be open on Wednesdays. It might be better to check individual business's websites or Facebook pages rather than rely on TripAdvisor for opening times.

Llandudno Junction...
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
344 reviews
342 helpful votes
3. Re: Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

I was in Conwy this evening (Wednesday 14th Sept) and the following restaurants and pubs were open (or at least appeared to be open) - Johnny Dough's, The Erksine Arms, Bank of Conwy, Saffron, The Hidden Chapel, Alfredo's, Castle Hotel, The Midland, Telford's, the Blue Bell, the George & Dragon and Jalsa.

I wasn't there last night but on Monday evening Johnny Dough's, The Erskine Arms, Saffron, The Hidden Chapel, Alfredo's, The Castle Hotel and the George & Dragon were open. I'd assume all of these would also have been open on Tuesday.

Archway Fish & Chips was also open both evenings. It's probably a stretch to class it as a restaurant but you can dine in, you just wouldn't get a three course meal there.

I'm sure there will have been other places outside the town walls which would have been open such as The Mulberry and The White House but I didn't get that far out. I also believe the Signatures (which is the "poshest" restaurant in Conwy opens on Wednesdays).

Dylan's, who have a small chain of seafood restaurants around North Wales, are in the process of opening a new restaurant in Conwy. The posters outside say it will be open in Mid-September. The door was open when I walked past and it still like it's a few days away from being ready but I'd expect it to be open in the next week or two. There's no indication yet which days of the week it will be open when it begins trading.

Just over the water in Llandudno Junction both The Old Station Hotel and Junction Tandoori are open seven days a week.

Reply to: Are all restaurants closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Conwy
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.