We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple visiting conway

Warrington
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Couple visiting conway

Hi,

I wandered if anyone could help?

Me and my boyfriend are travelling to north wales for a relaxing weekend away.

I wandered if anyone could make any suggestions on activities around the area? Maybe bike hire...Outdoor activities? Limited due to weather though I suspect?

We are also both into art and design so any suggestions on exhibitions that may be on this weekend in the north wales area?

Last thing.....Can you suggest some nice places to eat. We are staying in Deganwy...Is it better to travel to Conwy for food etc.

Thankyou x

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
959 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple visiting conway

definetly visit conwy castle its faboulas and in good condition.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couple visiting conway

I agree completely. Conwy castle is fantastic. the views from the top are lovely and the castle itself is really interesting.

Conwy is also very good for fish and chips so definately fit this in for one of your meals!

Have a nice time.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
883 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couple visiting conway

Conway castle is a great place to visit.It also has a suspension bridge.If you walk to the harbour you will see Britain"s smallest house.Also on the harbour is a great pub called "Liverpool Inn".

If you go up the lane next to the Liverpool Inn,you will come across a fish+chip shop on your right,great fish+chips especially if you sit and eat them on a bench looking over the harbour.

There are some nice easy walks around Conway,why not walk along Conway"s Town walls,there is some history there and great views of Conway/Wales when you walk along the town wall path.There are some nice shops in Conway,head for Conway square.

Another very good walk which i highly recommend and is very pleasant is Conway mountain.Its only ten minuites walk from Conway town square.The walk can vary from 2-3hrs.The views from the summit and surrounding areas are spectacular.There are also wild horses on this walk roaming about in the wild,keep an eye out for them because there lovely to see.Also head for Pensychnant nature reserve and farm and take a walk through there,very nice.

I"m not sure were you can hire bikes but i"m sure someone whom lives in the local area can guide you into right direction.

London, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couple visiting conway

Cross over to Anglesey and visit Plas Newydd - the Whistler mural is fantastic (make sure you view it from both ends of the room to see the change in perspective) - great views over the Menai Straits from the grounds.

Also on Anglesy Beaumaris Castle is worth a visit.

Another interesting site not far from Conwy is Penrhyn Castle - built by one of the slate barons and complete with beds made from slate! My husband thinks it's just as he imagines Gormenghast to be in Mervyn Peake's novel.

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couple visiting conway

In Deganwy plenty of places to eat - The Quay Hotel with fabulous views of Conwy, Nikki Ips - the best chinese I have eaten at but not takeaway, Paysanne - a french restaurant which is excellent. There is also a Thai restaurant which I've heard good reviews about but never eaten there. By the way Nikki Ips and Paysanne need to be booked especially Fri and Sat evenings.

In Conwy can recommend the Castle Hotel, Conwy Bistro - again best to book at weekends on both these.

6. Re: Couple visiting conway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Conwy