We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Conwy and Castle fine, parking FINE!

Which Conwy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coniston, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Conwy and Castle fine, parking FINE!

Visited recently for a work meeting in a hotel in nearby Llandudno, and a visit to the castle was an afternoon's activity, well worth a visit. I parked nearby and carefully read (I thought) the signage, paid for 2 hours, expecting to be back just before 6 (when i understood the charges finished from the signs), we were a few minutes late, and I was greeted with a PCN (Parking charge notice) as I'd overstayed by 8 minutes! I made an informal challenge which was declined, and then made a further "informal" challenge outlining the fact that I they had not allowed a reasonable time to elapse before applying the PCN ( British Parking Assn guidelines suggest 10 minutes min.) and they recommend the officer observes the car for 5 minutes prior to applying a PCN, in this case the officer observed for only 1 minute. I've checked with a Parking enforcement officer with my own local council who said they tend to work on a minimum of 10 minutes, depending on the time of day and how much the person has paid for.

I have to say that, coming from a tourist area myself, the rather draconian approach does little to promote return visitors (I had thought to take the family there, but have second thoughts now!) and am pretty cheesed off with the whole thing. I hadn't failed to pay, I just overstayed by 8 minutes on 120 minutes paid for. Wonder how many Council meetings finish within 7% of their programmed time...

11. Re: Conwy and Castle fine, parking FINE!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Conwy
Recent Conversations