We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala

Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Topic
A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala

Hello, hoping somebody might be able to help me out with finding a place to walk my dog in Bala! We'll be travelling from the Isle of Man down to Pembrokeshire in June, and I'm looking for a place to stop enroute for lunch where we can firstly stretch our dog's legs as she'll have endured a ferry trip from the Island to Liverpool, followed by a long drive, and also enjoy a nice lunch in a dog-friendly pub. I've found a pub on TA called Bryntirion Inn which looks ideal, but just wondered if anybody who lives locally can advise whether there's somewhere nearby where we can walk the dog? Ideally off the lead (she's a Border Collie so needs to run - and as responsible dog-owners we bag-and-bin anything she leaves behind, btw), and the walk needs to be about an hour or so. It's not an area I've been to before so any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Isle of Man
Level Contributor
200 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala

Bump!

South Lake Tahoe...
Level Contributor
183 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala

I hope these web sites help:

http://dogrover.co.uk/west-pembrokeshire

thewoofguide.com/dog-friendly-walks-pembroke…

Llanfairpwllgwyngyll...
Level Contributor
26 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala

If you pass through Y Felinhelli (which is next to Bangor Gwynedd) there is the greenwood forest (its not a beach but its a great place for you and your dog to explore and the cafes good too for lunch) its about an hour from Bala

Ive found beaches can be hit and miss with letting dogs on especially in high season, you can get bad tempered lifeguards telling you to get off the beach even if the dogs on a lead etc

Reply to: A walk with the dog somewhere near Bala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted