We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday accomodation..in wales

newcastle upon tyne
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
holiday accomodation..in wales

we are looking for holiday accomodation for 4 adults and four children...where would be the best place to stay..central for places of interest..ive not been to wales ever before so have no idea what is there..looking at the forums anglesey seems to be a good spot..has anyone any recommendations for me....thankyou pat

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday accomodation..in wales

Assuming that you have your own transport

Try Treardur Bay

Benllech area

A range of hotels, pubs self catering and of course caravans

What do you have in mind?

london
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday accomodation..in wales

if you want to stay central to a range of places of interest I would probably choose to stay on the mainland rather than on Anglesey ... in somewhere like Llandudno are in an attractive seaside town (with the Great Orme's Head) and miles of lovely beaches, and in easy reach to Conwy (castle), Caernarvon (castle), Snowdonia (lovely scenic drives and the Snowdon Mountain Railway), and Angelsey is an easy day trip ... and it's easy to get around both by car and public transport

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,179 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday accomodation..in wales

Llandudno is a great place for a break and so is Anglesey but they are two totally different types of holiday different atmospheres differen clientele

I have enjoyed myself in both places many times but to help the OP we need to know what would make them happy

Edited: 21 January 2012, 23:23
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday accomodation..in wales

Anglesey is a lovely destination but I would echo what one reviewer has said regarding a mainland stay in Llanddudno. If you stay on the mainland you will have more options should the british weather decide not to behave. If the weather is great then a day trip to Anglesey is a must - so, so many lovely beaches but if you end up with a week of rain you will spend your holiday driving up and down the dual carriageway to the mainland to find something to do anyway. Conwy is lovely to.

If your heart is set on Anglesey I can recommend hiring out both of these cottages (you would need both for four adults and four kids. We book our family in here quite a lot as we are on a site nearby. It is close to Benllech. http://www.plasllanfaircottages.com/

5. Re: holiday accomodation..in wales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:33
Get answers to your questions about Island of Anglesey