We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling in Anglesey

liverpool
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Topic
Cycling in Anglesey

I looking to have a 2 night stay in Anglesey looking for nice Hotel, BB , to stay whilst exploring the area. Which area would be best suited for cycling routes, would like some nice pubs, Cafe's , shops etc.

Thanks for any info

Jinx

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling in Anglesey

To be honest if you are into your cycling then pretty much the whole Island is accessable to you from anywhere. My sugesstion would be Menai Bridge, it has all the things you have listed.

Not sure how many miles you want to do in a day a great route from there would be to Valley via Amlwch which would be about 35miles then come back via the old A5 which would add about 20 miles on to that. That would give you a mixture of coastal views and inland scenery, there are of course loads of smaller roads and back lanes if just pottering about is more your thing

Trearddur
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling in Anglesey

Sugest you stay in or near Treardur bay lots of accommodation to suit all pockets great pubs restaurants plus an excellent chinese restaurant/ takeaway.Ideal for cycling the coast road towards South Stack one of the most beautiful in uk cycles for hire if required .Various routes along paceful country roads.Just take notice of what Prince William said about the island recently

oxford
Level Contributor
370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling in Anglesey

I would have to disagree, whilst Treaddur Bay is lovely in it's self there isn't much going on there

4. Re: Cycling in Anglesey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2014, 15:16