We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Portmeirion

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Portmeirion

Hello,

Does anyone know anything anout Portmierion and th Hotel there?

Hugone

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

What sort of information are you wanting?

I've not stopped at the hotel but have visited Portmeirion many times. It is the most amazing place - a sort of Italianate fantasy designed by Clough Williams Ellis. It is an architect's dream - everywhere you look there are carefully designed views. It's impossible to describe - you have to go and see for yourself...or do a search on google images.

It was also used to film the 1960s cult programme "The Prisoner".

The official web site is:

http://www.portmeirion-village.com/

Eleanor

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

Stayed there Monday - amazing place and food AA 2 Star - excellent rate of £118 for 2 including breakfast and dinner - check their website.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

thankyou for your replies, my husband and I are going there tomorrow, I wondered if the rooms at Portmeirion hotel provided complimentary tea and coffee ?

Higone

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

Yes tea and coffee in your room with decanter of sherry and water. Enjoy your stay.

England
Level Contributor
522 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

Also meant to add the very friendly gateman suggested the self service cafe in the village for lunch but it's very basic. Would much prefer lunch in the hotel which now we've been will do next time.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

Thank you :-) We are just about to leave, and I will let you know how we enjoyed it.

Hugone x

7. Re: Hotel Portmeirion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Snowdonia National Park