We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

Suffolk
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

Myself and a friend are looking at visiting Snowdonia for 3 nights at the end of April.

What part is best to stay in for nice views and plenty of activities?

E.g bike riding.

We would prefer accomodation that offers wifi and breakfast (or a room with kitchen facilities)

xx

Meirionnydd : Cymru...
Level Contributor
62 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

Hi X_Chl0e_X.

Will you be driving or coming by public transport?

Suffolk
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

Probably public transport, didnt know if there were any trains from Cambridge that would go anywhere near it or would we have to change between bus + trains?

Thanks x

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
16,283 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

You could get a train to Llandudno Junction and then onwards to Betws y Coed. The trains to Betws Y Coed aren't very regular but there is also a bus service.

Or get the train to Bangor and a bus to Llanberis.

I'm not sure about accomodation but you should be able to hire bikes in both Betws y Coed and Llanberis.

Suffolk
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

Okay thats great!

Thanks very much for your help, il look into all of that :) x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
299 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

I think that Betws-y-Coed may be a good base as there are lots of places to eat & drink, there are many walks starting from the village and the nearby Gwydyr Forest has biking trails. You can also get local and Sherpa buses from here to different parts of the area for more exploring. (eg to Llanberis, Conwy, Llanrwst, Llandudno) but check timetables well as buses few and far between after 6pm.

Llanberis has quite a good scene, but I think it is slightly more of a climbing focussed area but of course there are lots of walks too

For forests, rivers & waterfalls head to Betws, for more mountainous scenes - Llanberis.

6. Re: Best part of Snowdonia to stay for 2 young girls? :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Snowdonia National Park