We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

My young son loves watching the old repeats of The Crystal Maze game show on TV. I have just found out that there is a Crystal Maze attraction at Oakwood for families.

Has anyone been? Is it any good?

Grateful for any feedback. Here is the website for the place:

http://www.cc2000.info/default.asp

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

Hi Jim,

first of all happy new year to you and your family, and thanks for your advice during the past year, Cannaston Bowl,is not part of Oakwood buildings,but about some maybe 500 metres from the oakwood entrance.

As you have seen the website i am not going to tell you things you know about it, it was originally a motel called the crossroads motel i think(memory is going lol)and was converted to the bowl and maze years ago.

The maze,cant give you first hand info as i have not tried it , however my son lives in h west and has taken his familt there and said it is a good place for the young ones and it is fun and like the tv show

dave

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

Thanks Dave - Happy New Year to you and yours too! Blwyddyn Newydd Dda and all that! Thanks for the advice. It looks like a trip to West Wales is on the cards this spring then. We are great fans of Tenby, Folly Farm and the whole area, so exploring the Crystal Maze could be a good excuse for renting a cottage or something.

All the best

Jim

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,199 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

they are so near jim,that you can hit them all,sorry your son can hit them all in one go, that should give dad lots of brownie points lol

dave

South Wales
Level Contributor
101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

Jim, I`ve been to the Crystal Maze quite a few times. On a rainy day it`s sometimes the only place to go. I can`t say I`m over-impressed, but the kids love it which is the thing I suppose. Not cheap, but not extortionate (about £24 for a family of four I think) and it should keep you busy for about an hour. The games and setup aren`t nearly as elaborate as on the TV show, but they`re on similar lines. You get a certificate (no prizes) at the end telling you how well you`ve done against that day`s other competitors (on a quiet day can come out top!). Better value can be had if you combine it with the tenpin bowling, but you need to book in advance unless you`re happy to hang around for ages.

5. Re: The Crystal Maze at Oakwood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Pembrokeshire