We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9 days in Pembrokeshire

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
9 days in Pembrokeshire

I'm planning a 9 day trip at the end of the summer to Wales (from London) and have decided on Pembrokeshire. Is that too long? Is there enough to do for 10 days or should I look into exploring nearby areas as well? Any suggestions welcome!

Herefordshire
Level Contributor
533 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9 days in Pembrokeshire

There is loads to do in Pembrokeshire, in fact 10 days doesn't give you any where like enough time to cover all it has to offer!

Have a look at this website for some ideas

http://www.visitpembrokeshire.com/

If you want somewhere to stay then that is also a useful place to try, but the following website also offer excellent self catering accomodation :

http://www.welsh-cottages.co.uk/

http://www.coastalcottages.co.uk/

Pembrokeshire is one of our favourite places to go on holiday in this country, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9 days in Pembrokeshire

if you GOOGLE 'pembrokeshire tourism', it will give you numerous sites to give you a taste of everything that is pembrokeshire, if you then want more help,ask away

Milford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
429 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9 days in Pembrokeshire

Of course, it all depends upon your interests, but I believe there is plenty to do in Pembrokeshire to occupy your time.

As an example, last year we had a self-catered cottage for a week in North Pembrokeshire (Moylgrove) and found enough to do near there (and southern Ceredigion) such that we never got the chance to experience South Pembrokeshire. We're going to correct that gap this September with a week at a cottage in Broad Haven.

Using Moylgrove as a base, we explored (in no particular order) - Ceibwr Cove and that stretch of the P'shire coastal path, Cilgerran Castle, Newport Sands, Poppit Sands, the Welsh Wildlife Centre, Fishguard Bay, St. David's Peninsula (town, cathedral, bishop's palace, Whitesands Bay, Solva, St. David's Head), P'shire Sheepdogs, Museum of Welsh Woolen Industry, Pentre Ifan, Carn Menyn, Dinas Head, Henlly's Iron Age Fort, Tresaith, the National Coracle Centre, Llangrannog, Nevern, and New Quay. The weather was no good that day for a dolphin spotting trip and we also had no time for a boat trip to Ramsey Island. The rest of the time was spent just wandering any lanes or byways which looked "interesting". There were still places we never got to (like Cwm Gwaun and Carn Ingli).

Visit also included many, many pints of lager here and there (which probably cut down on exploration time!) By the way, Cardigan is a fine town for a visit, services, and miscellaneous stuff.

THIS year, as I've said, we're looking to enjoy South Pembrokeshire. From our cottage on the cliffs above Broad Haven, we hope to experience that stretch of the coastal path and St. Bride's Bay, Skomer Island, Marloes Sands, the Maritime Museum in Milford Haven, Pembroke, Carew, and Manorbier castles, Stackpole Head, St. Govan's Chapel, Barafundle Bay, Tenby, etc. etc. (List of possible sites of interest still being developed!) We're close enough to the rest of P'shire to revisit some of our other favorites - assuming there will be any time left over. And of course, the normal "let's see what's down that lane" or "up that trail" and "isn't it time to stop and enjoy a pint?" activities. I expect that Haverfordwest will replace Cardigan as a fine town for visiting and miscellaneous "stuff".

I don't think you'll be bored. And, even if you are, there's always Oakwood.

By the way, as an addition to Herefordshire's fine lodging suggestions, I can also recommend www.qualitycottages.co.uk . We have been very satisfied with their services up till now, and I expect September's cottage will be no different.

Enjoy your trip.

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9 days in Pembrokeshire

Thanks for all your advice. Looking forward to exploring!

5. Re: 9 days in Pembrokeshire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 05:16