We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Llanelli

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Llanelli

Has anyone used Llanelli as a base point to get to other places I.e pemroke castle, Tenby etc

Due to last minute had non luck finding hotel in surrounding areas hence Llanelli it is an hour or do drive to get to places but had anyone done this and found it too difficult

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Llanelli

Hi again, I live half way beween the two, so have never had the need to do it, however,as long as you do not mind driving it is no problem, 25/30minutes llanelli to carmarthen and then bout 20/25 minutes from carmarthen to tenby.However, if you are only there for 4 days or so, if you can and i know you are having problems getting somewhere , best find somewhere in Pembrokeshire???what type of place you after,hotel/b&b etc when is the visit/

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
2,134 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Llanelli

You've posted this in the Pembrokeshire forum. Llanelli is in Carmarthenshire. It's easy driving, a lot of it will be dual carriageway.

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Llanelli

Sorry I just realised I posted this in the wrong forum.

The only booking I could find was with premier inn and if its like an hour drive I think that's ok i do that here it's been very hard finding somewhere to stay in Pembrokeshire thank you so much I am going to check again in Pembrokeshire in case of cancellations

Thank you again

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Llanelli

what are your dates??

London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Llanelli

I'm going on the 2nd till 6th and want a hotel not B and B as I have children so its even harder to find a room

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Llanelli

look at this in st clears

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationCode=h98&location=St.+Clears+Carmarthen+Travelodge&checkInDate=02%2F09%2F2013&checkOutDate=06%2F09%2F2013&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=2&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&adults_5=1&children_5=0&adults_6=1&children_6=0&adults_7=1&children_7=0&adults_8=1&children_8=0&adults_9=1&children_9=0&search=

7. Re: Llanelli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 05:10
Edited: 31 August 2013, 05:10
8. Re: Llanelli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 05:09
Edited: 31 August 2013, 05:09
London, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Llanelli

Hi yes I did check that but the reviews weren't good one person suggested that if you are that far from Pembrokeshire then premier inn is a better option that's what I ended up going with is at clears alot closer to Pembrokeshire?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Llanelli

llanelli to tenby about 45 miles, St clears to tenby about 18 miles

Get answers to your questions about Pembrokeshire
Recent Conversations