We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oxwich Bay Hotel and The Winstone Hotel

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Oxwich Bay Hotel and The Winstone Hotel

My wife and I are travelling to the Gower Peninsula for a few days break and would welcome reviews of the two hotels above, which we have booked ourselves into for a day each.

We would also welcome ideas of things to see and do.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oxwich Bay Hotel and The Winstone Hotel

The whole area of the Gower around Oxwich is stunning and great for walking. Worms Head and Rhosili is well worth a visit from a scenice point of view as is Three Cliffs Bay which has a handy pub nearby, or it did when I was there years ago.

Oxwich Bay Hotel is in a wonderful location, but I haven't been there in twenty years. It was a bit dated in those days. However if you search for the hotel on Tripadvisor search box you'll find a whole page of mostly positive reviews for it. Or just google the hotel and reviews. Plenty there. Don't know about the other place sorry.

I recall a pleasant stroll from the hotel down to a little church in the woods overlooking the bay, and an easy stroll up the hill to the ruins of Oxwich Castle. There are some lovely country pubs to be found on the Peninsula.

There's the link you need

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1644116-d21044…

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oxwich Bay Hotel and The Winstone Hotel

PurpleCeltic,

Thanks for the quick response. We will have a good look around the Oxwich Bay area in the time that we have there. The names of the places will come in really handy.

I have viewed the reviews and they seem quite good so here goes to the trip.

3. Re: Oxwich Bay Hotel and The Winstone Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 11:19