We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

porth & tonypandy questions

The UK
Level Contributor
228 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
porth & tonypandy questions

Hi there, can anyone recommend a b & b or a hotel in or very close to Porth and/or Tonypandy?

also which tourist info office do Porth and Tonypandy come under?

ta very much!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

Hi ClassicBee

Porth and Tonypandy come within the Local Authority called "Rhondda Cynon Taf". Here is the website for visitors which actually looks very good.

destinationrct.co.uk/rhondda-cynon-taf-towns

I'm not an expert on the accommodation there but doing a brief search on their website (which was as easy to do as it claimed!) came up with a very nice looking place called "Heritage Park Hotel" in Trehafod.

I recommend a visit to Rhondda Heritage Park while you're there.

Hope that helps. Come back with any other questions.

Jim

Mentioned in this post
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Rhondda Cynon Taff
Southern Wales, UK
Heritage Park Hotel
Heritage Park Hotel
327 Reviews
Pontypridd, UK
Rhondda Heritage Park
Rhondda Heritage Park
175 Reviews
Cardiff, UK
Wales
Level Contributor
2,346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

Hi there

Here's the official tourism site for the area:

http://www.wisdomandwalks.co.uk/

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

I agree with Jim that the Heritage Park Hotel is good option. There is also the Ty Lilymia Guesthouse listed on the RCT website, and as this is in a place called Dinas you'd be situated right in between Tonypandy and Porth. I've no idea what it's like but here is their website.

http://www.rhonddaguesthouse.co.uk/home

Tonypandy is my home town (my parents still live tehre) and my partner comes from Porth so if you have any questions please ask.

Mentioned in this post
Heritage Park Hotel
Heritage Park Hotel
327 Reviews
Pontypridd, UK
The UK
Level Contributor
228 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

many thanks for the website links, the heritage park hotel & the other guest house, I'll be checking all these ones out online, ta very much!

rhondda
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

yes theres a new b and b open in trealaw ty lily mia guesthouse great base for the valles and south wales catering for all events from the millenium stadium to the rally wales

6. Re: porth & tonypandy questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 07:16