We're planning to travel to Wales in October and are mainly interested in castles (and the like) and scenery.
1) What's the weather likely to be? A bit chilly is fine, but a high likelihood of heavy rain might cause us to rethink things.
2) We'd fly into Heathrow. Choices seem to be First Great Western rail or National Express coach to Cardiff. Which would you recommend? Advance purchase seems chancy, given the possibility of flight delays, so would walk up fares be the right thing?
3) How best to get around - trains and buses or rent a car?
4) What highlights would you recommend visiting? I see some nice recommendations at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186456-i308-k5279…
5) About how many days would you stay?
Please feel free to comment on the other parts of Wales besides Southern Wales.Edited: 16 May 2012, 15:37