We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone suggest somewhere please?

uk
14 posts
Save Topic
can anyone suggest somewhere please?

We need to be ideally in walking distance of millennium point,we need either a hotel with triple/family rooms.Ideally one that has boxed cereal available.OR an apartment that we can cook our own food in. This is due our two year olds severe food allergies .We are coming to Cardiff Bay for her third birthday.So we need it to be as perfect as possible.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

Hello Meme 72,

Will you specify your location, I don't understand Millennium point, it could be me rather than you!. There is a good Novotel within reach of Cardiff Bay and, as a chain they are usually pretty good. I'll try and find out for you if you can give me some more info.

KB

Usk, United Kingdom
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

I have lived in Cardiff for 28 yrs and have not heard of Millenium point. Do you mean the Millenium Centre inn Cardiff Bay or the MIllenium Stadium ?

There is a Millenium POint in Birmingham!

Try the Futures Inn Hotel on Hemingway Road in Cardiff Bay. Thye do a triple room from £69 or a suite from £120. It is very nearby the M. Centre

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

Like the others I've not heard of Millennium Point either. There is a music and events venue in Cardiff Bay called The Point. Did you mean that perhaps? The nearest place to that within walking distance would be the Future Inn. I am almost certain they would have cereal available though I am not sure it would be boxed. There are not many short term holiday apartments available to my knowledge in Cardiff, but you could try contacting the visitor centre in Cardiff to get their location:

visitcardiff.com/About-Cardiff/Tourist-Infor…

hope that helps.

uk
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

sorry we are going to Techniquest.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

That's fine. There are two main hotels near you - The nearest is the St David's which is classed as a 5 star but be wary as it has recently changed hands and reviews on here are more mixed these days. The other one is the Future Inn. That is about 10-15 minutes easy walk from Techniquest.

Techniquest is a fantastic place. They have a very good show for kids on there at the moment called 'yucky you' - all about the why's and how's of our bodily functions - my son went to it last week and not only laughed his socks off but learned a lot in the process!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

One thing I should warn you about Techniquest though is that the food there is basic cafe food, so given your child's condition you may not find anything suitable. You can come and go throughout the day though once you have paid your entrance fee - so you could either leave to have lunch / tea etc somewhere else and come back.

There is also a very small but free techniquest-style hands on exhibition in the nearby Millennium Centre called 'Arts Explorer' and is all about music and theatre.

Usk, United Kingdom
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

TRy the Future Inn - smart looking hotel. I have been to St David's - it is not for young ones - too minimalist , bare , empty and cold. I wasn't impressed the last time I had lunch there.

uk
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

Thanks all. i will have a look. any ideas for apartments?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

I've found this website for holiday apartments in cardiff - I have no take on whether they are any value

travel-library.com/apartments/…

uk
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: can anyone suggest somewhere please?

Thanks everone

we have decide on a Century Wharf apartment.

Get answers to your questions about Cardiff