We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to "The Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans" ?

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
How to get to "The Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans" ?

Dear friends,

I've searched the website of Cardiff Bus company. Found that there are two buses can arrive to the Folk museum, but the No. 32 is only service at evening.

My problem is, if I travel to there in the morning, then take the No. 320 bus? which stop should be correct/nearest to the museum? Any how long does the journey take and how much does the trip?

Thanks a lot.

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,563 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to "The Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans" ?

Try www.traveline-cymru.org.uk - that should give you some useful information, hopefully including fares, bus stops, and journey times etc. The bus should stop a few steps from the entrance to St Fagans Museum of Welsh Life (which is what the folk museum is called these days). Also try the site www.nmgw.ac.uk That is the main website for the museum and may give information about how best to get there.

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to "The Museum of Welsh Life at St Fagans" ?

Hi

Not sure on the bus fares to St Fagans probably best to contact Cardiff Bus or go to their webiste www.cardiffbus.co.uk. The number bus you need is the 320. There are different types of tickets you can purchase depending on number of people travelling etc. The journey itself takes about 20-25 mins from Cardiff Central Bus Station and the St Fagans Museum of Life bus stop (the bus stop is opposite the church) is more or less outside the building.Entrance to the museum is free. The return buses do stop early but if you did miss the last bus you could walk down to Fairwater Green (about 15mins) and get quite a few buses into the Central Bus Station as they are quite frequent. You could even go across the road to the Plymouth Arms pub and order a taxi to Fairwater Green or even directly into Cardiff City centre. Not sure but i think a taxi to the centre would cost you about £7-£10.