We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

Chester
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

We are coming to Cardiff for the first time next week the 27/28 March and I would like to know if anyone has eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently.

Also I am worried because we have booked the Marriot and a few reports on here haven't been good but the last one slated it..............should I cancel?

Cheers

Dot

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

Hi Dot

I haven't eaten at Giovannis recently, but everytime I have eaten there it has been very nice. If you have any doubts though, one Italian restaurant I could absolutely recommend is Casanova in Quay Street. It's about 5 minutes walk from the Marriott and is excellent.

http://www.casanovacardiff.com/

I'm not sure what I can say about the Marriott. I had always understood it to be a reliable quality chain hotel. It seems that of the large hotels in Cardiff none are absolutely above reproach judging by the reviews. Perhaps you could phone the hotel and ask them to comment on the state of the rooms as you have read them in the reviews, and see what assurance they give. If they fail to give reassurance, cancel and try another, say the Parc Thistle, Park Plaza or Mercure Holland House. If they do give you assurances, you can get the name of the person you speak to - it might ensure you get a good room!

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

I forgot to say - I hope you enjoy your visit to Cardiff, if you need any advice give us a shout.

Jim

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
838 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

My colleague ate at Giovannis a couple of weeks ago and it was very nice - I have been several times in the past and always had a nice meal. I keep meaning to try Casanova's but haven't got round to it!

Sorry can't comment on the Marriott - never stayed there only been to works Christmas do's there - which were pretty good considering they were catering for large numbers.

Sarah

Chester
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

Thank you Jim & Sarah for your comments. I have rang the Cardiff Marriot and a lovely man has answered all my queries and the birthday weekend is still on at the Marriott and Giovanni's, might need an umbrella or two but hey you can't have everything.

5. Re: Anyone eaten at Giovanni's Restaurant recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 23:17