We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

I am currently trying to organise a stag party in Cardiff for 4th - 6th March 2011. There will be a group of 25/30 traveling from Ireland and therefore we would need to be located within walking distance of the city centre.

Can anybody recommend either a hotel or self catering apartments that would cost under €50 each per night

Wales
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

If you just want a bed for your head, have a look at the Etap. It's within easy walking distance of the city centre and Cardiff Bay and the rooms are triples.

Otherwise there is a Travelodge in the heart of "clubland" in St Mary Street - you won't get a quiet night's sleep, but you won't have to go far for a drink!

Sleeperz is just over the road from Travelodge, and while it's next to the railway line, it's just a little bit further from the noise of the clubs (including the clanking of empties being chucked into skips in the early hours - more annoying than the music thumping by all accounts ...)

Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

Thank you so much for your help - greatly appreciated. I'll take a look at all of these hotels. Can you tell me if the IBIS is centrally located as they are offering quite reasonable rates

Wales
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

the city centre Ibis is very central - but make sure it's Ibis Cardiff you're booking, and not Ibis Cardiff Gate which is way out of town

Ireland
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

Brilliant - thanks again for your help.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

Go to the Wynford hotel its better than you will expect

wales
Level Contributor
456 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

For the cheapest accommodation I would recomend the Nos Da,(was The Riverbank Hotel) in Riverside, Cardiff. It has a range of options, including dormitories.It is locaterd right on the banks of the river Taff and right opposite the Wales Millennium Stadium. Again it is just a 5 min. walk into the Castle Street /Westgate Street/St.Mary's Street area where there are loads of bars etc. Just down the river, again only a 5 min. walk, is a water taxi stop so you can take the waterbus down river right into Cardiff Bay. There is also The Big Sleep which is worth checking out, Fior a large party they will offer you a good discount no doubt. All the best.

Bratislava, Slovakia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

I recommend you http://www.hotzebra.com/hotels/cardiff , on the left you can choose a number of people and find hotel also for more people. There is also satellite map, so you will see the exact location of the hotel.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

I don't think this is very helpful. It's just another hotel booking site. It doesn't help the OP any more than any other such site.

9. Re: Accommodation for Stag in Cardiff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2011, 07:38