We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the blue dragon hotel cardiff

edinburgh scotland
3 posts
Save Topic
the blue dragon hotel cardiff

hi has anyone been to the blue dragon hotel in newport road cardiff if so looking for some details what it is like as i havnt been able to find out much info

thanks

also looking for details of best places to go when i go for international rugby game in feb 2006

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

Don't know it personally but I recall there were some really bad reviews of it on here a couple of months back. See here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186460-i309-k1832…

edinburgh scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

thanks to cheshire cat for reply but i wish someone had posted a review on this hotel i am presumming that roath way is an area because all i have is the address as newport road ie there couldnt be 2 hotels with the same name could there???

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

Drylaw - Please don't stay in the Blue Dragon - it is renowned as a bad hotel in Cardiff.

Although its walking distance (just) of the City centre it is still a trek. I wouldn't call it Roath either!!

Try the hotels on Catherdral Road or the Travel Inn / Travel lodges - or consider staying in Newport and catch the train

Sarah

Conwy.North Wales
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

drylaw, hotels books up quick when the rugby is on, i think you are going to have problems booking one, you could try some B&Bs.

Level Contributor
179 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

Yes, you will need to book now.

Try the Big sleep hotel, you can normally get rooms there for £50. Have you stayed in Cardiff before?

edinburgh scotland
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

no havn't been to cardiff before

yes have tried a few places but they are all seem to be booked up

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

Churchill's and Copthorne are good but could be booked too.

Rugby
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

I'm glad I came on here! I was on the verge of booking the Blue Dragon but now not so sure it would be a good idea! We are coming over for the rugger in March and are looking for somewhere decent but not too expensive to stay. Any ideas?

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,565 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

If you run out of places in Cardiff try hotels in Newport, 15 minutes from Cardiff city centre depending if you go by train - the station in Cardiff is right next to the stadium but if you go by car you'll probably need to use park and ride so allow a longer travel time to Cardiff. There is a Holiday Inn Express on the western edge of Newport (Coedkernew) near Junction 28.

Abergavenny South...
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: the blue dragon hotel cardiff

Contact the local Tourist Information Centre

e-mail... visitor@thecardiffinitiative.co.uk

web address....www.visitcardiff.info They will know if accommodation is fully booked, and can advise you of alternatives.

Get answers to your questions about Cardiff
Recent Conversations