We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

For the first time in 3 years we are flying from Cardiff airport at the end of May. I went to their new web site (not impressed) and was staggered to find, that at the daily rate, my 8 day stay would cost me £65.50 as the page say unless you pre-book. There were no links to pre-book parking so I rang the airport. For parking enquiries I was redirected to NCP who want to charge £82.50 for 8 days pre-booked! I also ran a quote on the NCP web site and it still comes to £82.50. I’ve sent an email to the airport asking how they justify their charges but I’m not holding my breath on getting a reply. Just to compare the prices with other airports I was quoted £47.59 at Bristol and £38.85 at Birmingham and thats for onsite parking at their long stay car parks. I know I can get it cheaper parking offsite as my cheapest quote is for £34.99 but I don’t like leaving my keys and having to phone / wait for buses.

Over the years I’ve noticed that Cardiff flight supplements were among the biggest and now it looks as if they want the most expensive car parking to match.

Phil

Goodworth Clatford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

hi all

I also complained to Cardiff airport over the cost of parking

when I first went to book I was quoted £48plus now today its £37-48

don't know if my complaint was anything to do with it BUT it reduced my price

thanks to Cardiff airport for their reply

we bought this airport so lets all use it

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

Dropped my daughter and family off here on Thursday mid- morning for a flight. Place was virtually deserted and after dropping them off outside the terminal building I had to pay £1 to get out of the place. No prizes for guessing why we rarely use the place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodworth Clatford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

agree I have written to welsh office who have passed the buck to Cardiff airport had one answer awaiting another

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
521 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

It costs £1 to use the drop off place at Bristol airport as well

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

Nothing winds me up more, than to pass Cardiff airport on my way to Heathrow/Bristol or Gatwick, but thats how it is and I cannot see it ever changing??

Goodworth Clatford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

totally agree just booked Cardiff for £37-49 still could have same in Bristol for £10 plus less

all we get is excuses excuses

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
657 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

But you would be using more petrol to get to Bristol, also it is not as easy to get to as Cardiff. I have been looking for airport parking in March & the best I can find is £37.49 for a week. I usually use the Holiday Inn stay & fly, as if I have an early flight I like to be sure I'm there rather than drive during the night. However for this trip have had to book a Premier Inn in Bridgend as there is rugby on in Cardiff, everywhere near the airport is booked. But have got the hotel for £29, so I guess with parking that comes out on par with Holidaqy Inn

Goodworth Clatford...
Level Contributor
13 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

I agree but the question was why is Bristol cheaper to park than Cardiff they are owned by the same company our am's want us to use Cardiff being they just bought it so if they could give deals on parking and other thing more people would be a lot happier with the purchase of the airport than before

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,201 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

supply and demand.simple as that?

Newport, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
50. Re: Cardiff Airport Parking Charges

Dropped off relatives then picked up a week later , jumble of cars and had to pay to pick up even though did not stop for more than 1 minute . Will use Bristol if possible in future , even though it's a little bit further . Travellers also thought the airport was poorly managed for passport control and exiting .

Get answers to your questions about Cardiff