We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

Which Cardiff hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

I am staying at HIE soon, they charge £3 per day parking, would i have a problem parking in other car parks around hotel that are not owned by them. I notice there is another 3 or 4 for other premises.

thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

The hotel is in a residential area, so the car parks you can see on a mapping tool are probably mainly private ones for the flats nearby.

The Wharf pub (also some offices) is just over the canal, which has a car park but I'm not sure if there's a time limit on parking there or if it's monitored. Being next door to a hotel that charges for parking (which I wasn't aware it did) I suspect there is both otherwise every hotel resident would use it.

You could also park on Schooner Way, but if you arrive on a weekday it will be busy.

Don't park in the residential side streets - you will not be popular.

Aberystwyth, United...
Destination Expert
for Aberystwyth
Level Contributor
655 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

I have been looking for a hotel in Cardiff for October, & it seems that most of them charge for parking ( even ones that didn't previously, charge now ). I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express by the nec in Birmingham recently & they charged £7 for parking. Its outragious, they are a hotel, how do they think people are going to get there.

Pembrokeshire, Wales
Level Contributor
518 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

The Travelodge at Alantic Wharf has free parking. You park in the Red dragon centre car park and then have your ticket stamped by the hotel.

It's been very easy except for when our last visit there coincided with the first few days of the Harry Potter film. We still managed to park.

4. Re: Parking at Holiday Inn Express Cardiff Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 11:18